Thursday, March 29, 2012

Spring is Sprung!




Happy Happy First week of Spring!

The photo is from my front yard, aaah, blue skies and blossoms. Today, is another stormy day with lots of rain and wind and only grey skies, but at least the threat of winter is now past.

I am excited, I am going to Norway very soon to see my children! Well, actually a couple of months away, and I will be traveling with my husband for business to Helsinki first, and then afterwards, for a short jaunt to Norway.

At the advice of blogger Mary Ann Moss at "Dispatch from LA", we have been enjoying Norwegian films on Netflix. She recommended "Elling" a great film about two very dysfunctional room-mates, one of whom becomes a poet. This is a great movie and I highly recommend it. Then, we watched a film called "Buddy", another Norwegian film about three room-mates who keep a running video documentary about their everyday lives that gets picked up by national television.

I look forward to more recommendations by Netflix, as both of these have been "spot-on"!

Still trying to squeeze in art journaling every day. Work has been busy, so I haven't had as much time for this as I would like.

I am also trying to decide if i should buy a new art book for inspiration. I have quite a few titles in mind, so now I will just have to choose one (or two!).

I'll try and post a link to the one I finally choose.

Meanwhile, happy art making...and happy creating to my friends who are lucky enough to be at ArtFest this week!

Sandra

No comments: