Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Mid October




It is an absolutely glorious day here in beautiful British Columbia. Blue sky, crisp and cold autumn day. I was immersed in my journals last week, and had some time to work out some issues about my freelance business.

It always feel like being in transition when you freelance. You finish one job, and then you worry about where the next bit of work is going to come from, and then you make contacts and then you wait for responses, and you think...hmmmm, will I ever get another contract? How will I pay the bills? And then...whoosh, out of the blue, in comes the next contract and you're off and running again.

Some days I just long for a steady job...one where I know I don't have to worry about what is next. And then along comes a day like today, where I am in charge of my own schedule. I can take in the glorious weather, and I truly am my own boss.

Well, it's always a trade-off. Some days like today. I am the winner.

No comments: