Thursday, September 22, 2011

Mail Art Fun



A little while ago, I saw a posting in an email group posting, from an artist saying that if you sent your mailing address, she would send you a hand-painted envelope! Having seen so many blog-posts from various people saying they get cool art in the mail, I thought it would be fun to send in my address to see what happened!

Well, imagine my delight when I received this lovely piece of art in the mail...with Norway maples, (having just returned from Norway, I thought perhaps someone was reading my mind!) and Horse chestnut leaves (with my horsey daughter, this couldn't be more perfect), I had to rack my brain to see if I had given any clues about myself. Nope. Nada. No clues, just wonderful serendipity!

Here is the link to M.H. Dunaway's blog.

And here is the post about her mail art project!

I love real mail, snail mail, handwritten letters, love letters, valentines, birthday cards and more! I really, sincerely hope that mail is not a dying art! If you feel the same way too, maybe you can participate in a mail art project like this too!

Enclosed in the beautifully decorated envelope, was a fortune too! I love this! Thanks Missy...you made my day...

2 comments:

Laila said...

Hi, thanks a lot for your kind words over at my site. How cool that you have such good relations to Norway. Is it anything special or just coinsidences? Nice blog you have, I signed up as a follower. :-)

Sandra said...

Thank-you Laila! Yes, Norway is very special to me..right now, both of my children (ages 21 and 23) are living there! And I have relatives there too...
Thank-you for signing up as a follower :)