Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Fabulous Art Day



On Saturday, I had the most fun day...such a gift...got to take part on the Peninsula Artist Studio Tour, in and around White Rock, BC. Above pictured my dear friend, Violette, snapped on my iPhone. Now, the great thing about iPhones is that you can instantly share photos. Although I have all the camera gear a girl could want, I'm finding the immediacy of the phone to be such fun, sending photos here and there, sharing on facebook, or here or wherever!

Well, Saturday turned out to be one of those sparkling, jewel-like Vancouver days, where the mountains glisten and the sun shines. What a treat to tour art studios, seeing beautiful art right in the locations where it is created. Inspiration everywhere!

It's been a crazy couple of work weeks, and I cannot remember the last time I had a fun day out with girlfriends, shopping and enjoying a wonderful lunch afterward. It was a MUCH needed, colourful inspiring breath of fresh air!

I particularly enjoyed seeing Violette's studio, as well as Jess Rice, a wonderful watercolour artist. I plan to take some lessons from Jess in the new year...and I am excited about that!

Another artist whose work I really enjoyed seeing was Mac Grieve


Well, actually ALL the artists were wonderful!

When I win the lottery, I plan to buy lots and lots of art!

Be inspired!

Sandra

No comments: