Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Risks and Inspiration




I have always encouraged my children to go after their dreams. With those dreams come big risks. But also huge joys. My daughter received a nasty kick (from a horse) last week at work. She is a true professional and hasn't really been hurt before while doing the work she loves ( raising and training horses). But for a mother, what a scare! Keeping calm in the moment and trying not to, as my daughter says "freak out". Plus, with her being several states away from me, made it that much more tough. Ready to jump on the next plane to be with her.

But I knew in my heart she was going to be OK, and even through pain, she was describing the new foals being born every day on the ranch and I could hear the love in her voice.

So, the lesson is to me...to continue to take inspiration from someone like my daughter who works so hard to follow her dreams, and not to give up on your own dreams in spite of the huge risks you may face every day...even when you receive a huge unexpected kick. And the photo above? It's taken from the beautiful ranch where she works.

Thanks be for my daughter recovering nicely! Amen.

No comments: