Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful for Grace and Abundance




Today, on this day of giving thanks and appreciating the abundance in our lives, I am grateful for a warm and loving home, and supportive husband, and two healthy (grown-up) children, who are out in the world, doing amazing things with their lives. I am thankful for two fat, beautiful lazy cats, and the freedom to learn and appreciate and grow. I am astonished at the vastness of the sky and the earth and the oceans, and breathe in their spell-binding beauty.

I am thankful for dear friends, and for the health of my extended family. I am thankful for the joy in connecting with others in so many ways, in person, by letter, through technology, and through prayer.

I am ever thankful for this beautiful life and for the awareness of our fragility in the world.

Amen.

No comments: