Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Finding the Beauty in Spite of Mistakes



When I shoot photos, I'm not afraid to fail, I shoot a lot, try to capture what I see as well as what I envision, but sometimes the photos turn out to be something I am not happy with. But they are not a total loss. Pump up the contrast, correct the exposure, and play in PhotoShop, and something that was destined for the trash, becomes a piece I actually like. Like this photo above. It was underexposed, way too dark, but now.....I kind of like it.

Art is like that, take the risk, try it anyway, and work with it until it becomes something you are happy with. And that is my plan for today...take a risk, try it anyway, and make today something I am happy with.....

2 comments:

Jonna said...

so very true

Jane B. said...

You are absolutely correct - never just give up because a photo seems to be a dud, some of the best images are just hiding in the shadows waiting to come out and play! Oh, and thank you for stopping by my blog - I've added yours to my blog list of "journal festies blogs" :-)